Wednesday 9 July 2014

Llarowe A Box Indied Freakshow: Dollish Polish This Ring Toss Is Ringed

I take a quick interception before I continue my Jade-athon to show you one of the five polishes that came in Llarowe's A Box Indied for July. Dollish Polish This Ring Toss Is Ringed is a clear based glitter holding micro, small and medium sized hex and square glitters in white, yellow, red, light blue and - this is a first in my collection - Doughnuts glitter in red, white, light blue and probably yellow but those would not come out of the bottle.

Those of you my dear readers who follow me on Instagram might have seen my posts of the recent Metallica concert here in Basel and still being fully riding the Heavy Metal wave I wanted to wear black nail polish - a gorgeous combination of the two:



I applied two coats of A England Camelot and then added one coat of Dollish Polish This Ring Toss Is Ringed. The formula of the glitter is very easy to apply, not to thin or thick. However anything bigger than small glitter asked for repeated determined shakes and some serious swirls and fishing but nothing overdramatic or too timeconsuming. On the bright side: all those glitters lay totally flat and smooth on the nail and only the later placed Doughnuts gave the slightest unevenness but nothing that called for a layer of Glitter Food or any other smoothing product before applying KBShimmer Clearly on Top Top Coat.

Final thoughts: I love this look of some black worn with a twinkle of the eye and a healthy dose of color and fun. I also got a fair share of compliments and those Doughnut glitter were while sparse on my nails still THE eye-catcher of this mani.

And for any of you who missed out my Instagram posts this was Metallica:



and the day after:

I subscribe to Llarowe's A Box Indied which is released monthly. Each box holds 5 products either nail polish or nail care.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for stopping by!!!
Christine <3

8 comments:

  1. Wow that polish looks like a lot of fun! Lots of interesting glitters :-)

    I'm sure the concert would have been great :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovey!!! It sure is one fun glitter leaving you with gazillions of layering options!!! I loved the concert and would go to see them again like tomorrow ;-P

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome over black! I'm not sure yet what polish I'll wear underneath mine, but a dark one definitely seems like a good choice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear!!! I have only seen it over light colors before and I am pleased how different the glitter looks over a dark polish - I am sure your collection throws up a totally unique combination!!!

      Delete
  3. OMG, I don't think I've ever seen Doughnut glitter in other polishes :D Looks like so much fun! I love it layered on black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ina <3!!! I immediately knew that I want to wear it ober black to make those Doughnut glitters really really pop!!! xxx

      Delete
  4. Ahhh, the residual high of a great concert... I can't wait till my next and I'm stoked you had such a great time at this one! I love the day after shot of your tee and the curled up Nell :) Perfect. I wore Camelot to Rush last summer and I'll likely wear it to their R41 tour next year. Anyhoo... :) Those doughnut glitters are fab! Stuff like that is worth the work it takes to get them on the nail; those and stars, lol :) Awesome mani and awesome post, sis ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis - I knew you would "understand" the day after photo ;-)! I have to listen into Rush - well i know what I will do today if there is a slow hour at work :-)! And yes to stars!!! I unfortunately don't have all that many - did you see that awesome KBShimmer released for Independence Day???? Have a gorgeous Friday xxx

      Delete