Monday 21 October 2013

Colors by Llarowe All Bidness

This week I will show you the new members of the Polished Marvels family!!! Timely for my Birthday I got some epic nailmail - while sometimes I am really miffed at the unpredictability of custom clearance it certainly was awesome that I got those packages clustered within a couple of days.

To start the week, I want to show you my probably new favorite polish of 2013 - this being Colors by Llarowe All Bidness. During the launch it did not get as much love as other polishes - and it was still round when I visited the site some days after. Luckily I swooped it up - It is a strong black holo with dominating blue holo shine AND filled with golden flakies - this makes it a holkie!!!!! But no words can describe what came out of this bottle - on to another picture spam:



both of the above indoors in daylight, below outside 



I am so sorry about the amount of pictures but I could not decide on any more to delete :-S






and two more pictures 

I applied two wonderfully easy coats of All Bidness over my regular Base Coat Essence Hardening Nail Base. It was nearly opaque in one coat but still looked more charcoal than black at certain angles and I like to go deep with those black holos, hence the second coat. Oh and by the way, yes, I did thin coats ;-)!!! Dry time is fast and my Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer did not diminish any of the holo effect.

Indoors the golden flakes take central stage and the holo provides a charcoal-steel blue background. Come into the sun - OMG you see the holo flashing up like fire - blue fire that is - I am over the moon about this polish and at a loss of words…..

Final thoughts: currently my favorite polish of 2013!!!!!

I ordered Colors by Llarowe All Bidness with Llarowe.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

11 comments:

  1. Haha, I didn't mind the picture spam, I would almost have wanted more, like with real zoom in to both the holo and flakies. And btw, "holkie", such a fun word! Haven't heard it before. Additionally, this polish looks incredibly beautiful, I like that it seems to have different sides/dimensions to show depending on the light conditions! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear Gelic <3!!!! Ok good to know - next time I will add some more and try to say less ;-)!!! Unfortunately I cannot take good macros - I take all pictures with my phone ;-P!!! And I actually came up with holkie - I love a good play with words any day :-D

      Delete
  2. Wow! Your favorite polish of ALL 2013?!?! (So far ;)) That is some grade!! It IS really beautiful and I guess it's even more stunning irl? I wonder what I need to do to get a tiny decant of it..? Lol!
    Just thought now of how we don't comment on each others blogs no more... Quite sad but I guess the commenting has moved to instagram instead :) Hope you are fine pet! Give Nell a cuddle from me! Viele Küsschen!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi cupcake - the thought of us not commenting regularily on each others Blogs crossed my mind too but then we start chatting and gone is the time I intended to cruise and comment on Blogs - oh well!!!! Give Smilla a cuddle from me too and thank you so much xxx

      Delete
  3. I can see why this is your favorite polish of this year! It's really really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never have too much pictures, especially of a pretty polish! I love the colors in this one! It's like a rainbow on the nails. So so pretty! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yun - thank you so much!!! And good to know, I will then delete one less in my next super spam :-D

      Delete
  5. Well...well...looks like SOMEBODY had a great birthday! ;) And this polish! Goodness...it reminds me of old-fashioned television interference...know what I mean?? Just crazy beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Melissa, my Birthday was fun!!! Not only from polish-perspective ;-)!!! TV interference LOL you are right, those were the days, I remember my father turning and twisting the antenna in a futile attempt to get at least a varying interference - LOL!!! And as always - thank you <3

      Delete
  6. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Best. Holkie. Ever. :D

    ReplyDelete