Thursday 22 August 2013

Crows Toes Storms Never Last

I was following the unveiling of Crows Toes' latest collection One Mad Crazy Summer closely on Facebook and the more I saw the more exited I became. I was super surprised to find them launched on Llarowe's new website!!! And I could not resist throwing one and then another one and then another one into my cart. I would like to start showing them over the next couple of days let's look at the first one - Storms Never Last.

What it is: a sheer black base totally packed with small glitters in shades of fuchsia and turquoise.





the above two pictures are taken indoors in daylight, the below photo in the evening sun


I applied three coats of Storms Never Last over Essence XXL Nail Thickener. Crows Toes has for this kind of small sized glitter polishes an incredible formula. It was so easy to apply and control, despite the brush being a tad frizzy which says a lot about the formula - would you agree?. It dries very fast and not gritty just a tad bumpy. One coat of your preferred Top Coat will smooth the surface and leave it glossy and shiny.

Final thoughts: I am head over nails about Storms Never Last. I love that incredible depth and the complexity big time. I just KNEW, when I saw the first pictures that this polish is totally outstanding.

Anyone being reminded of Cadillacquer The Dark Defender - well of course Storms Never Last is black based and The Dark Defender's base color is teal - but still, wouldn't a comparison not be nice? Next to the different base colors the other remarkable difference is the shimmer in Storms Never Last. Worth owning both? Hmmm if you are a fan of dark based glitter, glimmers, shimmers like me for sure ;-). It was my intention to show a picture where those polishes look very different from each other - still their "character" so to say is similar: dark base and loads of magenta/purple and turquoise shimmer. Amazing how different they look despite their similarity in concept. In my pictures Storms Never Last looks more glowing and sparkly but here is another difference - Crows Toes and Cadillacquer work those shimmers/glitters differently and the final sparkle is different and equally awesome with both. Below two pictures next to each other for your comparison:


I ordered Crows Toes Storms Never Last with Llarowe.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

16 comments:

  1. Love how sparkly it is without being over the top. I haven't tried Crow's Toes yet, but this swatch makes me want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca!!! Crows Toes has an awesome range of very individualistic and beautiful polishes that have the "knock-out-of-your-socks" potential ;-)

      Delete
  2. Amazing!! I, too, am head over nails with this color! I have fallen in love with the newest CrowsToes collection. "Chess... You Dog!" might be my favorite. If there is circle glitter in anything, I'll love it. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh awesome Clare, I love "Chess… You Dog!" too - and I cannot wait to see it over at yours!!! Circle glitter is currently my favorite too - it looks like drops of secret sauce caught in polish ;-)

      Delete
  3. I want some CrowsToes stuff SO badly...I'm having a hard time paying the price tag for it, LOL. :/ This is wonderful...I love the turquoise glitter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa, thank you so much hon <3!!! I know, it IS a hefty price but then in Switzerland any polish is expensive (we pay more than USD 20 in stores for an OPI) so I have always an economical justification to once in a while splurge on Crows Toes - LOL!!!

      Delete
  4. I just recieved mine yesterday, so obviously, I love it, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, yay, yay!!!! It will look AWESOME on you!!!!

      Delete
  5. I've never tried this brand but they are all so pretty! You captured the glimmer beautifully:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Essie, thank you so much. Hmmm should I say lucky you? Because their polishes does come with an addictive potential and once you step in it is hard to pull out - LOL!!!

      Delete
  6. Oh, that shimmer, that gorgeous shimmer! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This seems amazing! I've missed a lot during my absence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. … and you were gone only a couple of days!!! Thank you so much dear Gelic xxx

      Delete
  8. Hi pet! This is a show stopper! What depth! Love it! Viele Küsshen!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you cupcake!!! Moonlight is just the perfect affordable version of many of those polishes - dark with shimmer seems to be a big trend for winter as I see them left, right, top, bottom - viele Küsschen xxx

      Delete