Sunday 7 July 2013

My NOTDs of the Week

This was one of those weeks, when I felt really, really like dark nails. After all I had all those bright colors swatched for my recent posts. And then I always felt drawn to dark polishes in summer as well - this is a 365 days addiction of mine - LOL!!!

I started the week with the last of my three polishes from A England's most recent Burne-Jones Collection: Sleeping Palace



 The above picture is taken in daylight and shows how the polish looks most of the time. The photo below is taken in artificial light - since this is my "office-situation" as well, I am sure you can guess what I have been doing most of the time while having Sleeping Palace on my nails ;-)


Sleeping Palace was a dream to apply - these are two coats of it. Of course I used A England The Knight Base Coat and A England The Shield to go for a complete A England mani ;-)!!! Sleeping Palace is outstanding, unique, individual!! This will be one of those polishes that I constantly would want to wear but constantly worrying about the growing dent in the bottle - as if I finish ever any bottle (well except for blacks) - LOL

The next mani is for wonderful Melissa from Lacquer Reverie - do you know her? She is awesome, has a wonderful stash of polish and an incredible witty style in writing. So Melissa, upon unwrapping the below beauty my first thought was - awww Melissa will LOVE this and whoops it jumped onto my nails to show you - this is Elevation Polish Toubkal (all pictures taken in daylight and my iPhone got dizzy from all that glimmer :-P)




Toubkal is a dark red jelly - I instantly was reminded of some old Chianti filled with golden shimmer or foil particles (sorry, I never really know where to draw the lines in describing the "ingredients" of those polishes)!!! Well - I let my pictures do the talking. Ehem, back to the polish: Toubkal can easily be worn at two coats, keeping then a very jellyish quality. However I wanted OPACITY - and applied a third coat. I just loved the deep, deep color with the shimmer!!! The formula is excellent to work with. the consistency is a bit thick but this is due to the shimmer particles swimming in that beautiful dark sauce. I was stunned by the wear - just a minor tip wear on one of my index fingers and removal was also a lot easier than I expected.

Last but not least I am so happy to show you my Cirque Tibetan Nights - somehow it took me ages to decide in buying it (??? sometimes I really wonder about my hesitancy - LOL). Now of course I think "how could I ever doubt this beauty"?



the above two pictures are taken in daylight, the below picture as it got darker


I applied three coats of Cirque Tibetan Nights. Don't get me started on the formula, I will not stop singing praise. To save you from it, I put it simple: PERFECTION!!! It was such a pleasure to apply each and every brush stroke and to discover all the little tiny stars lighting up once applied on the nail!!! Unfortunately my pictures don't do this polish justice - IRL it is like a GAZILLION times better, the glitter pieces light up a lot more forceful! Bonus: no staining upon removal!!!

That's it for this week - I wonder, do you also feel pulled to darker colors in summer at times?

I ordered A England Sleeping Palace with MeiMei Signatures, Elevation Polish Toubkal with Llarowe and Cirque Tibetan Nights with Cirque's own website.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

13 comments:

  1. Love all three of them! Ok, I admit it, I love and own all three of them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - thank you!!! Hope to see them over at yours soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, all of them :) I've got a couple a-Englands en route to me as we speak and I'm so excited to see them! Tibetan Nights looks absolutely stunning. Reminds me of that Essie that's impossible to find, Starry Starry Night. And I think dark colors-- wines, navys, blacks-- are so chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sis - thank you so much :-)!!! REALLY - how cool is this??? I am so exited to see some A England's over at yours!!! Ah you are right, it does have a ressemblance to that famous Essie!! Vampy somehow always works - maybe because we are more on the pale skin side??

      Delete
  4. Hi pet! I really like all three of them but this week my favorite is with no doubt what so ever Tibetian Nights!! It has been a lemming of mine like forever and I finally got it a couple of weeks ago! Now I REALLY must try it!!! It's so incredibly beautiful!! I love dark polishes too! Especially blue ones ;) Hope you are having a great evening with your friend hun! Viele Küsschen!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi doll, haha - I should have guessed!!! I remember that post of your haul!! I am so sure - you will love it :-)- hope your week started out nice!!! Viele Küsschen xxx

      Delete
  5. OMG Sleeping Palace is so amazing! I think I "need" it.
    You've had a gorgeous week polish wise. I don't think I have the urge for dark colours in summer. But the opposite is true, I often urge for bright shades during Winter, lol!
    In any case I'm glad you wore these because they're so beautiful! who cares about the season. bisous, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salut Nati, thank you sweetheart!!! and LOL you certainly "need" Sleeping Palace - it will so snuggly fit into your stash :-D!!! and I am so with you - I am not caring about the season - just what feels best to wear at the moment ;-) - Bisous xxx

      Delete
  6. ARGH!! You were absolutely correct!! That Toubkal is insanely delicious!! Are you trying to bankrupt me?? :P All 3 of these are phenomenal! Best NOTDs of the Week ever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa - haha I know the feeling - I just say Continually Smoldering (winky-wink)!!! If I would have to move to an island and being allowed just five polishes four of them would be vampy colors - the fifth? a bright red (just for the sake of being complete ;-P)! So happy that you like them all xxx

      Delete
  7. OMG! That a-England is gorgeous! They make such beautiful polishes. Awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Essie - A England really pulls my socks off - I own nearly all of Adina's polishes (yes, I take the time to blush for a milli second). They are all just a tad off the edge yet remain so über cool and elegant!!! LOL - I cannot seem to stop singing their praise ;-P

      Delete