Sunday 30 June 2013

My NOTDs of the week

After having edited now a bunch of pictures from my NOTDs of the week I have to admit, that I really enjoyed looking back at the choices of the week. My first pick was Chanel Vendetta.


Yep, what you see above is what you get 99,9 % of the time. It is a wonderful blackened purple that looks mysteriously vampy - le sigh - I love a good dark polish ANY day!! But there is shimmer in this polish - just that it is very, VERY shy. After some turning and twisting in the sun I got finally this picture:


Do you see the shimmer? It should be visible in this picture without having to peel out your eyeball and glue it to the screen!! The application is just great, perfect formula, perfect coverage, perfect everything. These are two coats of Chanel Vendetta!!! As for the wear I was a bit disappointed. After two days I had noticeable tip wear, something I hardly ever experience. I will try wearing it over a different Base Coat - maybe this will do the job.

I am sure most of you have heard about and seen pictures of the new Picture Polish Collaboration shades. I got two of them and Sea Jewel by Wacky Laki looked to me so unique and absolutely outstanding that it was the first I had to wear:



the above picture is taken indoors in daylight, the below photo outdoors in the shade


I applied three coats of Picture Polish Sea Jewel over Essence XXL Nail Thickener. The formula is sheer but wonderful to work with. You get decent opacity after two coats but I wanted maximum sparkle-shimmer-foil and went for a third coat. Sea Jewel dries quickly to a smooth surface - I finished the look with one coat of A England The Shield Top Coat. It honestly knocked me out of my socks - it is absolutely totally stunning!!! And the wear???? - EXCELLENT!! I had it on for two days of straight typing and fussing the normal office stuff and had one minor chip on my index finger as I had to peel paper out of the network printer and somehow got hooked. Removal was a lot easier than I feared and there was zero staining!!! Anything else I could tell ya? - Well, if you are into turquoise/teal foils - BUY IT!!!

When Llarowe launched Elevation Polish I admittedly went slightly bonkers over them and got myself a couple of their polishes (5 them, to be exact). My nails were itching to get one of them on and being Swiss and feeling a tad patriotic there was just one shade to choose: Elevation Polish Jungfrau (Jungfrau is a very famous mountain in the Bernese Alpes in Switzerland):



I applied two coats of Elevation Polish Jungfrau over Essence XXL Nail Thickener. The polish of my bottle is slightly thicklish and not selflevelling. I found it helpful to not have too much polish on my brush to prevent polish pooling. But still, the polish is not really tricky to apply and very pigmented. The first photo show the polish IRL, the green shimmer is really well visible on the nail but in a discrete and sophisticated way - like in the second picture taken in artificial light. I applied A England The Shield Top Coat to achieve a shiny finish.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine






12 comments:

  1. Lovely polishes! I totally dig Vendetta, and Jungfrau should arrive soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) - I look so forward to see Jungfrau over at yours - it will look AMAZING on you :-)

      Delete
  2. Vendetta looks wonderful, my favorite type of shimmer is discreet as this one. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your very nice comment <3

      Delete
  3. Great colors!! These are all so beautiful! And Sea Jewel...UGH!! Why did you have to tempt me so?!! :P I don't have anything by any of these makers yet. I've been looking at a lot of Elevation Polish lately because they all look so nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Melissa :-)!!! OK I am feeling bad for tempting you but only for like 3 milliseconds - LOL!!! And there are some Elevation Polishes - oh my - just right up YOUR alley xxx

      Delete
  4. They are all gorgeous! I think Jungfrau is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Essie, thank you so much. Jungfrau really grew on me while wearing. I first expected it to be lighter and was sort of meh about it's Denim look but after a day I really liked it - do you know that feeling?

      Delete
  5. Sea Jewel is just such a fantastic polish! I love how shimmery and sparkly it is, and teal's always a great color for the summer! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yun - thank you so much hon xxx! Sea Jewel is absolutely, totally outstanding. I feel tempted to slap it on again over and over but my pile of untrieds.... ;-)

      Delete
  6. Sea Jewel looks like a jewel on you! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi pet! I love them all!! But if you really twist my arm I have to say the Jungfrau is my favorite ;) But Sea Jewel is soooo lovely too! And Vendetta holds a special place in my heart since I know that both you and me got it from our boyfriends <3 I really must try mine soon! But I think I'll like it more in fall. Viele Küsschen!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete