Tuesday 15 January 2013

Tuning week with Zoya: Marley



This delicate lilac shade was released in Zoya's Feel Collection. This was my first ever pale shade I owned. Given my badly ridged nails I find it hard to wear light colors without enhancing my flawed nails. I do buff them, use ridge filling Base Coats but unfortunately this does not solve the issues on all nails.



I applied two Coats of Zoya Marley over Essence XXL Nail Thickener. This Base Coat provides a decently smooth surface on most of my nails - Yay!!!!


The day I did those swatches I received A England She Walks in Beauty. I tuned Zoya Marley to  a pretty princessy look - what do you think?


I dabbed A England She Walks in Beauty on the tips of my nails using an eyeshadow applicator.

Do you like pale colored nailpolish? If so which is your favorite?


I order my Zoya polishes with Nailcare Club and as of last week European fans of Zoya can also order these gems with Pshiiit Boutique .


I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely shade of lilac! It suits you perfectly! I also like the glitter version a lot (what is that about glitter??!!)
    I do wear pale shades, but can't think of a favourite right now. Anyway I find myself reaching for pale shades only in spring or summer, gosh knows why... It must be that being a little tanned these shades suit me better?
    who knows.
    I'm loving your Zoya week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Nati, thank you so much for your lovely comment :-)!!! And also thank you for your supportive comment on my Zoya week :-)!!! I understand the argument with a soft tan - it looks lovely. I unfortunately tan only VERY slowly so I have to console with pale or less pale complexion ;-). So I have just shades I can wear or that look garrish on me - yellow is one of those shades I under no circumstances suit me even moderately well ;-P

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful pink! I love it with the glitter on top!
    There are so many pale polishes that I like! Also the combination of holo and nude is a winner for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you xxx!!!! And you are a master in having those soft shades twisted sparkly. Ahhh of course HOLOGRAPHIC - why did I not think of it (slap myself)!!!! Will try that soon :-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely layering !! I could never wear this kind of pale shade but it really looks great on ya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky - thank you so much xxx!!!! So hard to imagine that you cannot wear any shade you dream of ;-)

      Delete
  4. It was this day that we both did posts on light pink polishes!! :D
    I love that you added the glitter tips to it!!!
    Very classy!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was so funny indeed - the glitter hid my ridges - ghaaaa - I hate them!!!

      Delete