Sunday 25 November 2012

My NOTDs of the week

Of course I also have a NOTDs of the week post for you:

I work in a very liberal Dress Code environment so I have the liberty to carry off glitters, neons and even some nail decorations. Still there are times, when I have to go for less eye-catching manis and very little time to do my nails.  It happens that I then get stuck with a polish for days that I do not particularly like. But then there are weeks like this past one where each and every polish is an untried AND a total win in my books:

I started out with Contrary Polish Desert Fruit. I was a bit disappointed from the look in the bottle, I feared it would be too close to Zoya True, Lotus and Neeka (I meant to do a comparison but did not have the time for it - sorry). I was as wrong as I could be:





These are two coats Contrary Polish Desert Fruit over Essence XXL Nail Thickener. I finished it off with one coat of Essie Good to Go. The formula is amazeballs: perfect consistency and pigmentation. Evenly opaque in two coats.  I wore this mani for three straight days and only had minor tipwear, the surface remained totally glossy.

Last week, I wore Diorific Diva - and as stated in my last week's NOTDs post - was not overly thrilled by it. When buying Diorific Diva I also picked Dior Diorific Marilyn. Now Marilyn made my disappointment over Diva up a million times. A totally perfect classic red jelly - I felt soooo sophisticated wearing it ;-)



 See how glossy it is:

I deliberately applied only two coats of Diorific Marilyn to keep the jellyish quality of it. Under certain harsh lights in the office it did look patchy and streaky though so if this troubles you, you might consider applying a third coat. Again I used Essence XXL Nail Thickener as Base Coat and Essie Good to Go as Top Coat. Bonus: this polish dries incredibly fast!!!

I wanted to end the week with a spectacular lemming of mine: Butter London Two Fingered Salute. From all of Butter London's releases over the past couple of weeks and months Two Fingered Salute was the one I coveted for most and dived for it when I saw it with Pshiiit Boutique. Another polish that got catapulted straight into my Olymp of nailpolish!!!!




I applied three thin coats. The first coat went on a bit streaky but the second coat sorted this out. To ensure opacity I applied another thin coat. Of course I used Butter London Nail Foundation and Hardwear as Base respectively Top Coat.

I ordered Contrary Polish Desert Fruit with Llarowe. I bought the Dior Diorific Marilyn with a local department store. I ordered Butter London Two Fingered Salute with Pshiiit Boutique.

So, what were your choices of this week? Do you also sometimes have to go with a polish you are not overly fond of?

Looking forward to reading your comments!!!

Thanks for reading!!
Christine


6 comments:

  1. Desert Fruit is a very gorgeous shade !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky - oh I agree - and it came as such a surprise to me :-) - you got also some Contrary Polish?

      Delete
  2. Hi Christine!
    I've been a bad reader lately =0, I had missed many posts! I'm trying to catch up this evening, though.
    I can only agree with Vicky, Desert Fruit is gorgeous! and MArilyn is also very pretty, I don't remember when I last wore true red! You make me urge for true red nails! lol.
    Hope you had a great weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nati - no worries, I know how it is, and from following your Blog, I know that it was your husband's BD, you are about to move houses, you have a baby so thank you to take this much time to always place such lovely comments on my Blog - it means so much to me <3. Oh yes, the Marilyn is a stunner - I am sure those reds look beautiful on you!!!!! Have a great start into the week xxx

      Delete
  3. All three of these are gorgeous! I'm hoping for Two Fingered Salute for Christmas. It's hard not to get everything you want yourself, lol ;) And that red... I need to check out some Diors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liesl - welcome to my Blog, thank you so much for visiting, commenting and following!!!! I hear you ;-) and I cross my fingers for Two Fingered Salute, it is drop dead gorgeous!!! I found Marilyn the only true stunner of the Diorific Collection (I wore Diorific Diva the other week and was less than thrilled) Let me know what you picked :-))))

      Delete